As a support organization for artists, Ad Lib works on the development, production, and distribution of shows for youth and general audiences. Founded by Anna Giolo in 2012, Ad Lib currently supports about ten performing arts projects in both theater and dance.
Ad Lib has the following missions:
- to promote a selection of Belgian artists and to present their shows in Belgium and abroad
- to support the production and strategic development of theatrical, choreographic or multidisciplinary projects
- to provide administrative and structural support to emerging Collectives or Companies
In keeping with these missions, Ad Lib has set up two support and development tools:
- Artist Residencies at LIBITUM (next edition in Belgium)
Ad Lib coordinates the selection and organization of artist residencies at LIBITUM
- The LookIN’OUT Professional Days
Ad Lib is responsible for programming a diversity of shows for the LookIN’OUT Professional Days; they also provide coaching and support to the selected artists
Ad Lib is a member of the ProDiff Collectif
Ad Lib is in charge of the broadcasting and pre-broadcasting of projects for youth and general audiences. They also organise show tours in Belgium and abroad, in collaboration with the artists and performance venues.
Broadcasting support is provided through:
- Promotion of shows on Belgian and international territories
- Strategic support for projects in the development of specific networks
- Development, centralization, and follow-up of contacts with programmers
- Support at festivals/show markets, and on-site reception of professionals
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts with organizers
- Logistical organization of tours
Ad Lib supports artists in the production and development of their new projects: preparing the ground for successful promotion and visibility on Belgian and international stages.
This production support fulfills the needs of artists in various ways:
- Production planning and budget set-up
- Development of strategic approaches
- Assistance in writing and reviewing files
- Broadcasting preparation and identification of networks
- Discussion and review of communication tools
- Assistance in finding residencies, partnerships, co-productions, grants, and pre-licensing
Administrative support is provided on a needs basis to the companies and collectives with which Ad Lib collaborates.
This may mean taking charge of:
- tour administration (salary management, expenses, and accounting related to the tour)
- project administration, during the creation period
- company administration
In order to preserve the autonomy of companies and artists, AD LIB privileges the provision of services for non-profit organisations of partner companies and collectives over the management of delegated administrations.
Belgium’s LIBITUM Residencies
Belgium’s LIBITUM residency program welcomes, supports and brings together Belgian and international artists, from all disciplines, for personal research and creation, as well as for collective exchanges around their projects.
Initiated and supported by Ad Lib, in partnership with the ROx, the Pied en Coulisse and the villages of the Commune of Rouvroy, the first edition of this program will gather and welcome about twenty artists per week from June 4 to 25, 2023 in Gaume (Belgium).
Between 20 and 25 projects will be supported in residence and a maximum of 8 projects will be eligible for a grant.
Belgium’s LIBITUM residencies are open to the following disciplines: music, dance, theater, circus and street arts, digital arts, audiovisual creation, visual arts, fashion, design, book arts, urban arts, installation and performance.
Applications are open until December 20, 2022.
Before applying, we invite you to carefully read the possibilities and conditions of welcome as well as the eligibility and selection criteria : download the call for applications
To apply, it’s this way !
Ad Lib’s ATTIC • Writing and research residencies in the performing arts
The call for applications for the 22/23 season is closed.
Do you have a project in one of the performing arts sectors and are you looking for a quiet space to work on it.
Ad Lib welcomes you for a period of one to two weeks between September 2022 and May 2023 to carry out writing and/or research work on your project in the process of creation (working on a text, thinking about and developing your creation and its dramaturgy, finalising a production file, etc.).
The Ad Lib’s ATTIC – Writing and research residencies in the performing arts welcome you in the heart of Brussels, in la Conciergerie, a building in the shared spaces of La Vallée. This space is available to you free of charge at the following address
39 Rue Adolphe Lavallée
All the information concerning the place of residencies, the hosting arrangements and the selection criteria can be found in the call for applications.
Information and contact by mail at the following adress firstname.lastname@example.org.
LookIN’OUT Professional Days
The LookIN’OUT professional days invites artists from the Wallonia-Brussels Federation to freely present the bases, intentions and main lines of their projects in the process of creation and production.
The LookIN’OUT, the artists and companies invite professionals from the performing arts sector to attend a presentation of a work stage followed by a time of exchange whose objective is to specify the needs of the project and to initiate a professional linkage.
The LookIN’OUT Professional Days take place in Brussels, over two days. They happen every year at the end of November.
This year they took place on November 24 and 25 at the BAMP.
The LookIN’OUT – Professional Days take place in Brussels over a period of two days at the “BAMP” residence space. The event takes place annually, at the end of November. This year it takes place at the BAMP, on the 24 and 25 November.
These professional days are an initiative and collaboration bringing together three partner structures :
- a theater, Le 140;
- a residence space, BAMP;
- a support structure for production and distribution, Ad Lib.
This year the selection committee of the LookIN’OUT is made up of members of the three LookIN’OUT organizing structures and two artists selected during previous editions, Angèle Baux – Godard and Pierrick De Lucas.