As a support organization for artists, Ad Lib works on the development, production, and distribution of shows for youth and general audiences. Founded by Anna Giolo in 2012, Ad Lib currently supports about ten performing arts projects in both theater and dance.
Ad Lib has the following missions:
- to promote a selection of Belgian artists and to present their shows in Belgium and abroad
- to support the production and strategic development of theatrical, choreographic or multidisciplinary projects
- to provide administrative and structural support to emerging Collectives or Companies
In keeping with these missions, Ad Lib has set up two support and development tools:
- Artist Residencies at LIBITUM (next edition in Belgium)
Ad Lib coordinates the selection and organization of artist residencies at LIBITUM
- The LookIN’OUT Professional Days
Ad Lib is responsible for programming a diversity of shows for the LookIN’OUT Professional Days; they also provide coaching and support to the selected artists
Ad Lib is a member of the ProDiff Collectif
Ad Lib is in charge of the broadcasting and pre-broadcasting of projects for youth and general audiences. They also organise show tours in Belgium and abroad, in collaboration with the artists and performance venues.
Broadcasting support is provided through:
- Promotion of shows on Belgian and international territories
- Strategic support for projects in the development of specific networks
- Development, centralization, and follow-up of contacts with programmers
- Support at festivals/show markets, and on-site reception of professionals
- Drafting and negotiation of contracts with organizers
- Logistical organization of tours
Ad Lib supports artists in the production and development of their new projects: preparing the ground for successful promotion and visibility on Belgian and international stages.
This production support fulfills the needs of artists in various ways:
- Production planning and budget set-up
- Development of strategic approaches
- Assistance in writing and reviewing files
- Broadcasting preparation and identification of networks
- Discussion and review of communication tools
- Assistance in finding residencies, partnerships, co-productions, grants, and pre-licensing
Administrative support is provided on a needs basis to the companies and collectives with which Ad Lib collaborates.
This may mean taking charge of:
- tour administration (salary management, expenses, and accounting related to the tour)
- project administration, during the creation period
- company administration
In order to preserve the autonomy of companies and artists, AD LIB privileges the provision of services for non-profit organisations of partner companies and collectives over the management of delegated administrations.
Belgium’s LIBITUM Residencies
Belgium’s LIBITUM residency program welcomes, supports and brings together Belgian and international artists, from all disciplines, for personal research and creation, as well as for collective exchanges around their projects.
Initiated and supported by Ad Lib, in partnership with the ROx, the Pied en Coulisse and the villages of the Commune of Rouvroy, the first edition of this program will gather and welcome about twenty artists per week from June 4 to 25, 2023 in Gaume (Belgium).
Between 20 and 25 projects will be supported in residence and a maximum of 8 projects will be eligible for a grant.
- SELECTED ARTISTS – LIBITUM 2023 :*
• Theatre : Antoine Cogniaux with Danser la tarentelle ça n’empêche pas de couler, David Chazam with La carotte et la bâton, David Mendez Yepez with L’année prochaine, on rentre au Pérou, Florian Paque with Dans le silence des paumes, François Gillerot with Léviathan, Lenaic Brulé with Menopausia, Marie Lecomte with Feu les animaux, Marie-Charlotte Siokos with Bêtes d’orage, Marthe Degaille with Betelgeuse, Paul Mosseray with Yambi,Pietro Quadrino with Shiraz, je recommence et le conte du pyropoète inconnu, Suzanna Bauer with CHAMBRE, Thibault Sartori with Personne ne sort les fusils, Violette Pallaro with Là-bas
• Multidisciplinary : Brenda Boote with HANA, Camille Bleu-Valentin with Sugar rush Candy crush, Fanny Vandesande with TWOTFAM, India de Vere with Pussy Willow, Lorette Pouillon
with Tranquille, Louisa Wruck with TwentyNine, Maxime Arnould with Passion for fear, Paul Vivien with L’harmonie de notre absence
• Dance : Adélie Lavail with La peste du doute, Alban Ovanessian with X-DATES, Marion Sage
with Jument, Poetic Punkers with Le marin perdu
• Audiovisual Creation : Tom Boccara with Fanfan & Mathilde, Valerie Gimenez with Klaï, Veronique Jadin with Les filles du bord de mer, Jeanne Debarsy with Rencontres magnétiques
• Digital Arts : Bahar Majdzadeh with Refuges éphémères, lieux transformés (REL), Nathalie Maufroy with Alive, Rachel Cholz with Viens Valeur
• Circus : Emiliano Cedillo with La pauvreté des pauvres fait la richesse des riches, Lorena Di Bello with Chez Gloria
• Music : Marie Lecomte avec Feu les animaux, Charlotte Wacker with Late Kiss
• Visual Arts : Canelle Grosse with Paysages abîmés, Vinciane Mandrin with Camouflages
• Urban Arts: Dorine Voglaire with Carroussel Abyssal
• Book Art : Martina Aranda avec Pas tous les jours
If you wish to apply for the 2024 edition, the call for applications will be open from November 2023. Do not hesitate to join Ad Lib on Facebook and Instagram pour être tenu.e.s. au courant.
Archives · Belgium’s LIBITUM program · 2023:
Call for applications 2023 (closed)
Archives · Program Luberon’s LIBITUM · 2016 – 2019 :
- Luberon s LIBITUM · Selections 2016 to 2019
- Luberon s LIBITUM · Residency booklet 2019
- Luberon s LIBITUM · Residency booklet 2018
- Luberon s LIBITUM · Residency booklet 2017
- Luberon s LIBITUM · Residency booklet 2016
Ad Lib’s ATTIC • Writing and research residencies in the performing arts
Do you have a project in one of the performing arts sectors and are you looking for a quiet space to work on it.
Ad Lib welcomes you for a period of one to two weeks between September 2022 and May 2023 to carry out writing and/or research work on your project in the process of creation (working on a text, thinking about and developing your creation and its dramaturgy, finalising a production file, etc.).
The Ad Lib’s ATTIC – Writing and research residencies in the performing arts welcome you in the heart of Brussels, in la Conciergerie, a building in the shared spaces of La Vallée. This space is available to you free of charge at the following address
39 Rue Adolphe Lavallée
All the information concerning the place of residencies, the hosting arrangements and the selection criteria can be found in the call for applications.
Information and contact by mail at the following adress email@example.com.
LookIN’OUT Professional Days
This year, after 8 years of collaboration, Le Bamp, Ad Lib and the 140 invite professional artists and companies from the Wallonia-Brussels Federation to participate in the last edition of the LookIN’OUT 2023 support program.
In advance of these two Professional Days, artists are invited to:
✦ CANDIDATE before midnight on March 23, 2023.
✦ MAKE YOURSELF AVAILABLE for a selection interview from May 24 to June 16.
✦ BE PRESENT the day of September 11 for a technical, communication, and administrative update at The Valley.
✦ COME TO MEET the other artists participating in the 2023 edition of LookIN’OUT on September 15 at 6pm at Theatre 140.
✦ PRESENT YOUR PROJECT as part of Toolbox Week* which will take place September 25-29.
✦ BENEFIT upstream (October 4,6,11,13, and 18) and downstream (December 4-15) from several personalized coaching appointments.
✦ MOBILIZE YOUR TEAM for a spin-off between November 13 and 15.
✦ PRESENT your creative projects on November 16 and 17 in front of industry professionals and meet with them at that time.
The LookIN’OUT 2023 Professional Days will take place in Brussels on November 16 and 17.
These professional days are an initiative and collaboration bringing together three partner structures :
- a place of diffusion, Le 140 ;
- a space of residence, the BAMP ;
- an office of accompaniment of artists, Ad Lib – Support d’artistes .